Tags provide a means of grouping elements of M-Power together. Elements include Products, Companies etc. The list of elements supporting tags is being expanded all the time.
You can create tags in the Settings > Lists > Tags section of M-Power.
- Add a New Tag
- Edit the Tag Name
- Edit the Tag Colour [Default = Grey, Primary = Blue, Info = Light Blue, Warning = Yellow, Danger = Red]
- Select to Elements the tag applies to
- Mark the Tag Active or not
Tags are associated with Elements using the interface. While in some specific cases you may choose to assign the same tag to multiple element types, in most cases it is best practice to create distinct tags for each element type.
Common uses for grouping using tags are as follows:
- Group one or more companies e.g. tag companies as VIP
- Group one or more invoices e.g. tag invoices as WAITING PAYMENT
- Group one or more orders e.g. tag orders as WAITING MATERIAL
Tags don't by themselves provide a means to perform actions on the grouped elements. Once grouped, Tag Actions can be used to perform a single function on many elements. Tag Actions are linked to buttons in specific areas of the M-Power application where they are relevant.
For example, if you wanted to assign a group of products to a group of companies in a client portal, you would first create a tag, then assign that tag to each of the companies in the group. You would then create a tag for the products and assign that tag to each of the products required. Finally you would use the Tag Action provided in the M-Power application to Assign Products with a specific Tag to Companies with a specific Tag. A variation on this specific scenario is available in the Product Details Dialog as shown below:
- Client Portal
- Assigned To
- Bulk assign/remove product from a group of tagged companies