M-Power connects to Xero as a 'Private Application'. In order to configure this connection the following procedure is followed.
- Provide Company Details to M-Power
- M-Power Creates a set of Cryptographic Keys to secure the connection
- Create a Xero Application connection
- Provide M-Power with the Key
Step by Step Process:
1. In order to create the Cryptographic Keys we required to following information from you:
- Company Name
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Locality e.g. Melbourne
2. Using this information M-Power will create the keys and provide them to you for using in step 3.
3. Configure the 'Application' within Xero (we can login and assist you with this step if required).
- Using your normal internet browser, navigate to: https://app.xero.com/Application and login as usual
- Click Add Application
- Select "Private Application"
- Enter "M-Power" for the application name
- Select your Xero file from the drop-down list
- Select 'Upload X509 Certificate"
- Click 'Choose File' and select the .cer file provided by M-Power
- Leave the 'Enable Payrole' box un-ticked
- Tick the Terms and Conditions box
- Click Save
- When the 'Application Added' page is displayed click the 'Show' button for the Consumer Key under the OAuth Credentials heading (top right of the page).
- Provide this text to M-Power and we will then complete the connection for the M-Power application