Labour cost is a significant expense for most companies, and for this reason a labour charge out rate is major element of most quoting formulas. Comparing actual labour costs with estimated costs is a important concept in job costing
M-Power enables staff to record their time either through barcode scanning on the factory floor or using the keyboard
Any time scanned against a job is shown in the timelog screen lists all discrete time segments that have been scanned against the job.
The time log section of the job review screen allows a user to
- Modify/Correct a time segment
- Add a new Time segment
Modify a Time Segment
- Select the time segment (2) that requires alteration - press the button
- A popup form will appear contain details of the time segment
- Change the start or finished date/time as required (3)
- If a finish time has not be entered, either enter the estimated finish time direct in (3) taking care to follow the format shown
- Alternatively, press (4) and it will prompt you for the estimated duration in hours - enter a value and it will calculate and enter the finish time
Add a Time Segment
Adding a time segment follows a very similar process to modifying a segment.
- press button (1). This will add a time segment to the list for the current job
- press button (2) to edit the new time segment
- Each of the time elements will now need to be entered.
- Select a user from (3)
- Select a process from (4)
- Modify the estimated start time and finish time (5)
- Alternatively press (6) to quickly add a defined number of hours to the job assuming the start and finish time are not critical
- Comments can also be entered