The inputs to the scheduling system rely on the following:
- That the operations that you wish to schedule (typically the bottlenecks) have been tagged as ‘scheduled’ in their setup area.
- The machines you wish to allocate these operations to have been tagged in the setting area.
- The jobs you wish to schedule have a template/recipe attached and the operations you wish to schedule are listed on the job card, and preferably have the machine that you wish to schedule to, allocated at that point.
- A job that is to be schedule needs to have a due date entered
- A job that is to be scheduled needs to be 'released' using the 'release' button
- For scheduling to be effective the timings need to be accurate – these are based on the run rates and setup times on the job card.
- A process will not show on the queue if the job has been placed on hold.
- A process will not show on the schedule if it has the ‘hide” checkbox ticked in the operations section of the job card.
- A process will not show on the job card if it has been mistakenly tagged as ‘completed’